Although, it’s the best way to build your online career and generate passive income along with.
There could be an infinite number of reasons for starting a blog, but the most common of them are:
3. Start your own brand
4. Passionate about Blogging
5. Wanna get free gadgets for review
and many more,
So, here are the steps for starting a blog for free-
- Picking up a blog niche(topic).
- Selecting a blogging platform.
- Finding a suitable Title and Domain name.
- Setting up the Theme of your Blog.
- Writing your first Blog Post.
- Sharing it for gathering traffic on the blog.
- Monetizing your Blog and Get Earnings.
STEP 1-PICKING UP A NICHE
The best low competition topics for starting a new blog are:
- Health and Fitness
- Personal Growth
- Social skills and Communication
and many more.
Step 2-Selecting a Blogging Platform
Step 3- Selecting a Suitable Title And Domain name
The most important part of getting ranked on Google is the selection of a suitable and creative domain name and title for your blog. It can be done as follows-
On blogger, if you would like to get a free domain it would always come with .blogspot in it( like demo.blogspot.com).
You can also purchase a third party domain from domain providers such as Godaddy and Namecheap.
It would only cost a little for you. But before purchasing a domain name you should first follow some guidelines for selecting an SEO friendly domain name.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Always prefer a .com domain.
- Choose a domain that is simple and creative.
- Select domain with not more than 10 characters in it.
- Select a title that reflects your content i.e what your blog is about.
Step 4-Setting Theme For Your Blog
You can choose for templates already present on Blogger and from the web.
You can choose a theme from blogger with specifications for both mobile and web version as follows:
- Click on themes.
- Now choose the theme which is suitable for your blog.
- You can also customize the present theme by clicking on customizing as below.
Note- You can also add a custom theme either purchased or free by clicking on three dots just next to the customize button and then click on restore and add your downloaded XML file.
Step 5- Writing your First Blogpost
Now, you are all set to write your first blog post. So, the post should be creative as well as informative.
So I have provided some of the tips on writing blog posts by my experience:
- You should write your post like a conversation between two persons standing along with. So, you should focus more on words like “I” and “You”.
- Choose a catchy title with words like ‘Ultimate’ and always try to make your title questionable so that users most likely click on it.
- Your post should contain appropriate keywords for getting your blog ranked. It can be easily done by certain tools such as Google Keyword Planner.
- Include appropriate images and videos for your post as it would make it more attractive and informative.
- Your content should cover all the information about your topic. There is no word limit for writing your blog. It can be of 1000+ or 2000+ words.
- Always interlink your related blog posts so that the bounce rate of your blog remains low.
- Use Headings and tags in your posts to make it look marvelous and SEO friendly.
STEP 6- Gathering Traffic On The Blog
Now, you are all set to get the users to read your blog articles as if there would be no visitors to read it, your efforts will be useless.
The traffic to your blog could be gathered by ranking your website on search engines.
So when people would search for something and then click on your site being displayed in search results, they would click on it and you will get traffic.
But it is not that easy to get organic traffic as it takes years of hard work to rank on the first page of google.
So there are many other methods of getting traffic to your blog and converting it to your daily readers.
The main factor in gathering traffic to your blog is getting social.
In order to get the most visitors out of your social platforms, here are some of my tricks-
- Use a questioning title while posting.
- Always use an attractive image while publicizing your post on these social sites.
- Gather such description which makes the readers ambitious to read it whole.
- Use hashtags while posting on social platforms like twitter.
- You can also use paid advertisements on Facebook by creating a page as it costs less and shows good results.
Online Forums And Discussions Boards
You can also use online forums to get traffic but you should not look like a spammer in front of the forum.
Most of the bloggers think that they should only throw their links in forum signatures, but they end up being blacklisted as people don’t like self-promotion.
This is because you don’t focus on other needs. In contrast, the users who help others are benefited the most.
Search Engine Optimisation
The search Engine is simply an algorithm that defines the ranking of your domain or post on the google search engine.
It is of two types On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO and both are equally important in ranking your website and get natural traffic to your blog.
Content Quality-Most important factor behind on-page SEO is the quality of your content. Now search engines are also able to know the difference b/w spammy and quality content.
Html of your blog- In the field of blogging Html plays a great role in ranking your blog as it is the only HTML that describes search engines about your content and rank it accordingly.
Step 7- Monetizing Your Blog And Get Earnings
Now, the last step is to monetize your blog and get paid for it. It would be a great measure to generate passive income for you.
The Blog can be monetized in the following ways:
1. Writing Sponsored Content ( for others)
2. Media.net, Propeller ads
3. Amazon Affiliate Program
4. Starting Your Own Online courses
5. Getting Free Products for Review
Do you know at present affiliate earnings is the best measure out than all other earning measures including advertising.
It is best because unlike advertising it does not ruin the user experience of your blog and provides a professional look to your website.
You can earn a 5 to 30% commission on the sale of specific products through your affiliate links.
For getting affiliate links you have to register yourself in the affiliate network, then selecting products which you want to promote to get affiliate links, and at last embedding these links on your website at appropriate places.
So when someone clicks on that link and makes a purchase out of it, you earn a commission.
Other Earning Methods
So, here’s all the way for setting up a blog and earning passive income from it.
The next important point in the blogging journey is when you should monetize your blog?
The answer is simple. If you want to generate income instantly you can go for ad networks such as media.net.
But if you want to focus on future earnings, you should start putting ads on your website only after you start getting some recognizable amount of traffic on your website.
If you liked the post Don’t forget to subscribe and share this post.