Choosing the right WordPress theme is very important for your site’s success.
But, with over 30,000 themes available on WordPress, it could be difficult for beginners to select the one which best satisfies their needs.
All these themes are well-optimized and will boost your site’s overall conversions, user experience, speed, and other metrics.
Excited? Me too! Let’s get started.
Table Of Contents
- Best WordPress Themes For 2023 (Multipurpose)
- 1. Divi (Best WordPress Page Builder Theme)
- 2. Astra (Overall Best)
- 3. GeneratePress (Fastest WordPress Theme)
- 4. Neve
- 5. OceanWP
- 6. Genesis Pro
- 7. Hestia
- 8. Kadence
- 9. Newspaper (Best For News Sites)
- 10. Avada
- 11. Thrive Themes (Conversion Focused WordPress Theme)
- 12. Zakra (Best For SEO)
- 13. Foodie Pro (Best For Food Blogs)
- What I Looked At To Find The Best WordPress Themes?
- FAQs for Best WordPress Themes
- Final Thoughts
Best WordPress Themes For 2023 (Multipurpose)
1. Divi (Best WordPress Page Builder Theme)
Divi from Elegant Themes is well-known for its robust framework, with which you can fully customize and design any part of your website.
Its drag-and-drop page builder is fantastic, allowing you to build and customize your website from scratch, even if you don’t know how to code.
- Its Visual builder technology allows you to create stunning designs with super ease and efficiency.
- Fully responsive layout.
- Built-in split testing
- WooCommerce compatible
- Email opt-in module
- It comes with 200+ website elements including Call to Action buttons, sliders, forms, and more.
- 2000+ Premade website design templates available.
- 24/7 Customer support
So, Divi makes it simple to optimize your website theme and pages for more conversions and better engagement.
Divi dominates with 4.9 ratings on Trustpilot, making it highly trustworthy for new users looking for the best WordPress theme.
Out of the total reviews, almost 97% of users rated it 5 stars
Divi theme comes with two pricing options:
- Yearly Access: This $ 89/year package grants you full access to Divi, Extra, Bloom, and Monarch (elegant themes) with unlimited website usage.
- Lifetime Acess: For a one-time purchase of $249, this plan grants unlimited usage of the website and lifetime upgrades, premium website packs, and premium support.
Divi also offers 30 Day money-back guarantee on every purchase.
Does Divi offer a free version?
Divi does not offer a free theme version.
Who Should use the theme?
Everyone can use Divi, but I recommend it for those looking for a professional website because it has a lot to offer, and unfortunately, it’s not a free theme.
Expert Advice: If you have a good budget, I recommend you go with its lifetime plan starting at only $249 for a one-time payment.
This plan will save you from annoying recurring payments every year.
2. Astra (Overall Best)
Astra is one of the most popular themes on the internet, with over 1.65 million websites using it.
Astra is a lightning-fast, SEO-optimized, and highly customizable multipurpose theme.
Astra is feather-light and takes less than 50 KB of resources whereas the other WordPress themes require at least 300 KBs.
It receives an average of 5k+ downloads daily, provides free extensions, and integrates easily with the most popular page builders, including Elementor and Beaver Builder.
- You can customize everything without even writing a single line of code, including the header, sidebar, body, and footer, as well as articles, and archives.
- It has exceptional speed performance allowing it to load quickly.
- Fully SEO optimized and mobile responsive.
- WooCommerce Ready
- It comes with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop header footer builder.
- It has 180+ pre-built website designs that you can launch on your website with a single click.
- Easy customizations without coding make it the best fit for beginners.
- 14 Day money-back guarantee.
Astra has a 5-star rating and is highly recommended by WordPress.
Astra also has a free plan if you just want to get your site up and running.
But, if you want to make a lot of customizations and want more additional settings, I recommend you to go with its premium plans, which are as:
- Astra Pro: This will cost you $47 a year and includes a lot of advanced features and you can use it on unlimited websites.
- Essential Bundle: It costs $137 per year and includes 180+ premium website templates, the WP Portfolio plugin, and a page builder add-on.
- Growth Bundle: It costs $187 per year and includes a complete bundle of tools needed to build and grow an online business, including the Skill Jet Academy membership, Convert Pro, and Schema Pro plugin.
3. GeneratePress (Fastest WordPress Theme)
Generatepress is one of the most popular and fast WordPress themes, with over 4.5 million downloads worldwide.
It comes with a block-based theme builder which helps the users to visually build every aspect of the website without even touching a single line of code.
GeneratePress also comes with a library of professionally designed website templates that allow users to start a new site with a single click.
- Lightweight theme
- It has a 100% page speed score with just a 7.5 kb page size.
- Gutenberg Ready
- A single plan purchase can be used on up to 500 websites.
- It has a block-based theme builder.
- Custom pre-made templates for blogs, agencies, portfolios, and e-commerce sites.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Generatepress has a 5/5 rating on WordPress and is recommended by many successful bloggers since it is quick, SEO-optimized, easy to customize, and compatible with page builders like Elementor.
GeneratePress provides two pricing options:
- Yearly: This plan is $59/year and includes all premium features, one year of updates, premium support, and up to 500 website usage.
- Lifetime: This plan includes a one-time payment of $249 and includes all of the features available in the yearly plan and has lifetime premium support and updates.
Does GeneratePress offer a free version?
Yes, it offers a free version.
Neve is a mobile-first approach theme that is compatible with AMP and works perfectly with top-tier page builders such as SeedProd and Beaver Builder.
It’s a lightweight theme with only a 28kb size and loads in less than 1 second on a default install.
It is a perfect theme if you want more WooCommerce functionality as it comes with features like checkout layouts, a sticky cart, a product gallery slider, and more.
- It is a translation-ready and Gutenberg-compatible theme.
- Includes 100+ ready-to-import starter templates for blogs, e-commerce, and more.
- Responsive and adaptable to all displays.
- Built-in header and footer builder.
- Elementor booster for additional widgets and settings
- You can simply construct a fully optimized website in less than a minute.
Neve has a 5-star rating on WordPress and has an average of 2.5k downloads per day.
Neve has a free version as well as three paid options, which are detailed below:
- Personal: It costs $69 per year and includes unlimited website usage, Elementor Booster, header booster, and many other features.
- Business: This costs $149 per year and includes all the features in the personal plan, as well as Priority support, WooCommerce booster, 110+ starter templates, LMS integration, and so on.
- Agency: This plan is $259 per year and includes access to live chat support, Otter pro, and the Neve template cloud library.
It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means you can get your money back if you don’t like the theme.
Does Neve offer a free theme?
OceanWP is a popular theme in the WordPress directory, with over 700,000 sites using it.
It comes with world-class support and is fast, flexible, and built with the best SEO practices.
- Seamless WooCommerce integration for online stores.
- Fully SEO-optimized
- RTL and translation-ready theme.
- Provides access to millions of photos and illustrations from Freepik and flaticon for free.
- Works with popular page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, and more.
- 220+ modern Elementor and Gutenberg-ready website templates.
Overall, OceanWP is a fast, beginner-friendly, and flexible WordPress theme trusted by most top sites such as Hubspot, Cloudways, and WPML.
OceanWP has a positive rating with over 5000+ five-star ratings and a 96% satisfaction rate.
OceanWP provides a free version in addition to three paid versions, which are:
- Personal: It costs $43 per year and you can install it on 3 sites and includes premium extensions, a limited Elementor section library, 210 pro demos, and royalty-free pictures and icons in demos.
- Business: For $71 per year, you can install it on up to 6 sites and get everything from the personal plan plus freepik and flaticon direct import, a private support group, and full access to the Elementor sections library.
- Agency: This package is $127 per year with 50 site installations and includes VIP support, a feature on the official website and newsletter, and a dedicated partner’s slack channel.
It also offers a 14-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
You can also grab their lifetime plans if you will be using the theme for a long time, starting at $178 (one time) for the personal plan.
Does OceanWP offer a free theme?
Yes, it offers a free Elementor-ready theme with WooCommerce integration.
6. Genesis Pro
Genesis theme by StudioPress is designed by a team of professional developers and is high-performing, completely responsive, and fully SEO-optimized.
It works on the Genesis framework and enables you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress.
- Use on unlimited sites
- Enhanced Gutenberg editor with additional blocks.
- Content sections and full-page layouts
- Ecommerce ready
- Custom block builder
- Multipurpose WordPress theme
- Access to all StudioPress-made themes.
Genesis Pro comes for $360/year for installation on unlimited sites.
It also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Does Genesis offer a free version?
Genesis framework is open source and is free to be used by anyone, but if you want added features, Genesis pro is the best option.
Free Access Offer (Get All StudioPress themes for Free)
Want to get all the StudioPress themes for free?
Signup with WP Engine, the best-managed WordPress hosting and you will get all the StudioPress themes completely free of cost.
Hestia is used on over 100k+ websites and is a multipurpose WordPress theme best suitable for small business sites, ecommerce, blogs, and magazines.
Hestia gives an excellent user experience by providing resources such as a live customizer and WooCommerce integration.
- Translation and RTL language ready
- Uncompromised speed and compatibility with caching plugins.
- Fully compatible with popular page builders.
- Live customizer
- User-friendly mega menus
Hestia has a 5-star rating on WordPress from over 500 reviews.
Hestia also offers a free version along with three premium options, which are as follows:
- Personal: This plan is $69 per year and can be used on only 1 site.
- Business: This plan is $99 per year and can be used on 3 sites and includes the premium starter sites and priority support.
- Agency: This plan is $299 per year and can be used on unlimited websites and also comes with live chat support.
Hestia offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all plans.
Kadence is a fast and lightweight multipurpose theme with many customization options for designing your website in a few clicks.
It offers a lot of starter templates for personal brands, ecommerce sellers, online course creators, and blogs to set up a new site with just one click.
- Every plan enables use on unlimited sites; even on client sites.
- WooCommerce add-ons
- Header and Footer builder
- Custom layouts and social icons
- Easy integrations with Gutenberg, Elementor, and more.
Kadence also has a 5-star WordPress rating. (but has fewer reviews)
Kadence offers two plans, which are as follows:
- Essential Bundle: This costs $129 per year and includes Kadence blocks pro, pro starter templates, and one year of support and updates.
- Full Bundle: This plan costs you $199 per year and includes everything in the essential bundle, a child theme builder, a WooCommerce shop kit, Kadence conversions, cloud, and access to all plugins.
They also offer a lifetime deal for a $699 one-time purchase, which includes every feature in the full bundle and can be used on unlimited sites.
Does Kadence offer a free version?
9. Newspaper (Best For News Sites)
Newspaper is a multipurpose WordPress theme and is best used for blogs, news or membership sites, review sites, and online stores.
It comes with a tagDiv Opt-In Builder to create a paywall and membership options, an option to lock full or partial content, my account page, coupons, promos, and many others.
- It comes with a pop-up feature for pop-up ads, registration forms, and more.
- Newspaper online store builder and WooCommerce prebuilt eShops.
- Fast speed with a 98% score on GTMetrix.
- Responsive design and Google AMP support.
- 150 ready-made sites that can be used straight with one click.
- 9 Premium plugins
- Ads optimization
- SEO friendly
- and outstanding support.
Newspaper theme received a highly positive review on ThemeForest, with over 125k+ sales and an average rating of 4.8/5.
The theme costs only $59 as a one-time purchase and includes all the features with seamless future updates.
This plan offers 6 months of support which is good for anyone to get help in setting up the theme on their website.
It doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee.
Does the Newspaper theme offer a free version?
Avada has been a best-selling WordPress theme on ThemeForest for the past 10 years.
It has over 800,000 users, and it has an in-built website builder called Avada Builder for designing your website easily without coding.
- Gutenberg Ready
- Off-Canvas builder to create popups and sliding bars.
- One-click installations and setup wizard.
- Performance wizard to disable unused features, critical CSS, image, and JS optimization to get faster speed.
- Avada WooCommerce builder to create custom shops, carts, checkouts, and product page layouts.
- Header and Footer builder
- Translation and RTL ready
- 86 prebuilt websites and 120+ design and layout elements.
Avada has over 25k reviews with an average rating of 4.78 out of 5.
Avada costs a $69 one-time fee for a regular license and includes all features including page builder, access to premade sites and layout designs, and more.
It also includes 6 months of support which is suitable if you want to get help setting up your WordPress site.
However, support can be extended to 12 months for an additional $21.38.
Who should use the theme?
It’s suitable for everyone. Yes, anyone can use Avada because it is smooth and speedy.
You can simply design any site even if you have no expertise in making websites.
11. Thrive Themes (Conversion Focused WordPress Theme)
If you want to implement advanced marketing funnels right inside WordPress, then Thrive themes are a great alternative.
It concentrates on converting your customers into leads with the help of premium plugins like Thrive Architect, Quiz Builder, Thrive Leads, Ovation, Thrive Optimize, and more.
- All the Thrive conversion products come with built-in A/B testing.
- 290+ landing page templates to create a sales funnel, online course funnels, webinar funnels, and more.
- Easily build an email list with Thrive leads.
- Thrive Apprentice for creating a professional-looking online school and selling courses.
- Boost your sales by building time-sensitive offers like countdowns using Thrive Ultimatum.
- Third-party integrations, and APIs.
- Access to Thrive University for learning resources.
- 24×7 support
Thrive Suite starts at a quarterly package of $99/quarter with use on up to 5 sites and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The same plan also comes with a yearly plan at $299/year saving you around $97 as compared to a quarterly plan.
Note: They also offer an agency plan for $588 per year that may be used on up to 50+ client websites.
Does Thrive offer a free version?
Who should use the theme?
According to Thrive, it is best suited for online coaching and consultant websites, online course creators, e-commerce businesses, and bloggers.
12. Zakra (Best For SEO)
Zakra is an SEO-friendly and top-rated multipurpose WordPress theme used by 60k+ users.
It has fast speed and is easily customizable.
- 80+ starter templates from various categories, including eCommerce, Business, magazines, blogs, portfolios, and more.
- Fully translation ready
- Lightweight WooCommerce integration.
- Gutenberg compatible
- Advanced Header and Footer options.
- Reliable Support
- And Elementor compatibility
Zakra has a 5-star rating on WordPress with 500+ authentic user reviews.
Zakra offers four-lifetime pricing packages with a one-time fee as follows:
- Personal: This plan costs $99.5 for 1 site license, lifetime updates, and 39+ free starter demos.
- Personal Plus: This plan costs $149.5 for 3 sites license, 45+ premium starter demos, and an Elementor companion.
- Professional: This plan is $324.5 for 10 sites license
- Developer: This plan costs $349.5 for usage on unlimited websites.
Zakra also has annual payment plans starting at $27.60/per year, but lifetime plans will save you the most.
Does Zakra offer a free version?
13. Foodie Pro (Best For Food Blogs)
Foodie pro is an excellent theme for sharing fresh recipes and cooking tips with your audience.
It has a minimalist and clean design with plenty of color and typography options.
It is built on Genesis Framework, making it secure, fast and search engine optimized.
- Mobile Responsive
- Recipe Index
- Works easily with popular plugins.
- Fully SEO-optimized
- Theme customizer and widget areas
Foodie Pro is a $75 one-time price and can be used on unlimited sites with updates and customer support for 12 months.
The theme has no refund policy.
Does Foodie pro offer a free version?
What I Looked At To Find The Best WordPress Themes?
Choosing the right theme is important for your website’s success.
You can also choose a free WordPress theme for your site but it comes with limitations.
Unlike pro themes, you will not get support at times of crisis, and no regular updates make your theme prone to malware, and fewer customization features.
You should definitely go for a paid theme if you are focused on the success of your online site or blog.
When selecting a WordPress theme, make sure that it meets the following requirements:
- Mobile Responsive Design: Did you know that more than 62% of visitors use mobile phones to browse websites? If your website isn’t responsive, you’re losing a lot of traffic.
- SEO Optimization: Make sure that the theme is search engine optimized and adheres to best practices to rank higher on Google.
- Page Builder: Your theme must enable drag-and-drop page builders to create an outstanding home page without any coding skills.
- Speed and performance: Speed is key to your website’s ranking. Therefore the lighter your theme is, the faster your site will be.
- Customer Support: Most top themes include documentation, extensive tutorials, reliable support, and regular updates; if a theme does not, you should avoid it.
FAQs for Best WordPress Themes
Which are the best WordPress themes in 2023?
Here are some of the best Multipurpose WordPress themes-
Which is the best WordPress theme for Online Ecommerce Stores?
Astra is a highly customizable theme for creating an online store and is compatible with Elementor and WooCommerce. It also includes many pre-made templates which you can use in one go.
Which are the best free WordPress themes?
If you just want to start your site or use a theme for training or demo sites, these are the best free themes you can use-
1. Astra free version
Where can I download free WordPress themes?
If you don’t want to go with the above free options, WordPress.org has the largest database of 10,233 free themes.
When choosing a WordPress theme, you should focus on its speed, security, theme functionality, customer support, and specific needed features.
The above list offers the best multipurpose WordPress themes suitable for blogs, online stores, portfolio sites, magazines, news sites, and more.
Give these themes a try and you’ll end up with a well-designed site.
Which theme are you going to use on your website? Did I miss any of your favorite themes?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments.