A web hosting is the most crucial factor in the performance of your website.
A good web hosting could help you in making your website load fast and more secure.
However, on the other hand, bad hosting could severely affect your website performance and ranking.
Bluehost is one such hosting company with great hosting services at affordable prices.
It’s one of the best hosting services for a WordPress blog, and it is also a hosting company suggested at WordPress official site since 2006.
Being officially recommended by WordPress, there’s no reason in doubting about its reliability and performance.
Table Of Contents
Bluehost Brief Overview
Bluehost is a hosting company which was formed in 1996 providing a wide range of hosting solutions such as shared hosting, WordPress hosting, woo-commerce, VPS hosting and dedicated hosting.
It is one of the largest hosting company in the industry and is currently used by over 2 million websites on the web.
They have successfully established themselves as one of the best hostings for a WordPress blog and has great performance in uptime, reliability and pricing.
So, in this post I will share a detailed review of Bluehost with a complete overview of its pros and cons, that will help you to decide if it’s right for you or not.
Note– Want to skip this and get a brief conclusion from us. So, it’s the best hosting service for new bloggers with such great performance at affordable price.
Click on the below link and grab this special Black Friday deal for limited time
Essentials Of A Good Hosting
There are many hosting plans available in the market by different companies.
But you need to choose the best hosting plan with all the essential and must-have features that are needed to run a website efficiently.
Below are some of the most important hosting features that are needed to be taken care of when purchasing a hosting-
- Speed of the hosting should be optimal
- Security so that you never need to worry about your website being hacked
- Optimal bandwidth and disk space
- Uptime of the website
- Automatic backups are also a thing that you can measure
- Hosting should have optimal 24/7 support
- It should be easy to use
- The hosting should be affordable and get into your budget.
Thankfully, Bluehost complies with most of the essential features and also comes with very cheap prices.
As you know, Bluehost offers a variety of hosting services such as shared hosting, VPS and dedicated hostings.
But, if you are a new blogger, I would recommend you to use their shared hosting plan.
It’s the best fit for new blogs and blogs with average traffic.
There are four plans available in the shared hosting category of Bluehost, which are priced as follows:
- If you are just starting in blogging, I recommend you to use basic plan for $2.65/month.
- Want to host more than one website, go for plus package for $5.95/month where you can host unlimited websites. (it’s the best package I recommend to my users)
- If you further need domain privacy and automatic backups facility, choice plus plan for $4.95/month is the best suited for you, but you can always get back up for free from WordPress plugins.
- Want the service of dedicated IP for a website, choose pro plan for $13.95/month.
Most of you would be thinking of going for choice plus plan rather than plus plan as the choice plus plan has a more discounted price.
But, you need to focus on the renewal price also.
The renewal price for plus plan is $11.99/month and for choice plus plan is $16.99/month.
So, you need to keep a check on these marketing tactics so that you never bear the loss.
Moreover, all these discounted prices starting with a basic plan($2.65) to pro plan($13.95) are valid if you purchase hosting for 36 months.
For example, if you purchase hosting package for 24 months term, you will get the basic plan for $4.95/month.
So, I recommend you to purchase hosting for 2 or 3 years as it is only a one time discounted price on the hosting.
Click this special link to get hosting for as low as $2.65/month.
Hosting Time Deals
Bluehost provides hosting deals for terms of 12 months, 24 months and 36 months only.
Unfortunately, Bluehost does not offer a monthly billing option for its hosting services.
Pros And Cons Of Bluehost
Now, let’s take a look at the most important part that is the pros and cons of Bluehost hosting.
This will help you to conclude whether it’s the right choice for you or not.
Let’s dive in.
Pros Of Bluehost
- You will get a free SSL certificate for your website that helps in security
- You can host unlimited websites except in case of a basic plan
- Unlimited storage(50 GB for basic plan which is plenty for website ) and unlimited bandwidth
- Free domain name for 1 year
- Unlimited parked domains and subdomains. (except in basic plan where you get 5 parked domains and 25 subdomains)
- Free automatic daily malware scans
- Free AdWords credit for marketing your site
- Easy one-click WordPress installation
- Great 24/7 customer support by phone, email and chat
- Bluehost comes with advanced cpanel which makes it easy to handle and customize
- You will get free custom email accounts with hosting, which you can manage in CPanel
- It enables automatic WordPress updates, so you need not worry about checking for updates
- It provides you access to custom themes for WordPress
- Now, Bluehost also provides a free website migration service for 1 website and provides you with the ability to review the website before it goes live
- A good hosting always tries that your website never goes down when users search for it and Bluehost has succeeded in that with an amazing uptime of 99.99%
- It offers free Cloudflare CDN integration which further helps in increasing your blog speed and make it load many times faster.
- Bluehost doesn’t offer a free trial for their hosting, but they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Note– If you also get a free domain with the plan and further ask for a refund, there is a non-refundable cost for the domain registration which they would deduct.
Cons of Bluehost
- Like other hosting companies, Bluehost also uses a one-time special price policy. So, the renewal charges are very high compared to the discounted price. ( For instance, the special price for basic plan is $2.65/month and renewal is $8.99/month i.e is roughly three times the discounted price.
- Bluehost also offers a lot of add-ons while purchasing hosting like site lock security and more. So you need to untick all the addons which are not required before making payment so that you save maximum money.
So, it’s a detailed review of Bluehost hosting with a complete list of pros and cons.
Bluehost has been in this hosting business for over 16 years now and they provide optimal hosting features to customers at affordable prices.
If you are a new blogger, then Bluehost is the best hosting service for you and I recommend you to go for ‘plus‘ package, which enables you to host unlimited websites.
So what are you waiting for?
Grab this special Black Friday deal where you can get hosting for only $2.65/month if you purchase basic plan for 3 years term along with a free domain.